The project at a glance
This product is named Building Energy Management Optimiser (BEMO) - because it optimises the Building Energy Management (BEM) system. It is composed of three main parts:
1. Audio and Sensors System
- Sensing and Listening via an adaptable, scalable and strategic network of microphones and sensors.
2. Acoustic Processing Unit
- Meaning and Understanding via distributed units and/or central processing unit that extracts the meaning from the audio-streaming received in near real-time and detects acoustic events to discriminate the level of occupancy and type of activity.
- Learning through a semi-automatic process of retraining its audio capacities and decision tools.
- Integrating and Monitoring visually the parameters of occupancy level, conditioning and comfort in the main spaces of buildings and the surroundings areas.
- Optimizing the strategies and algorithms of control of the conditioning and lighting systems.
- Quantifying the energy consumptions and economic savings.
Architecture and data flow of Building Management System Optimizer